- Why choose us
- Rules and Law
- Model Clauses
- Contact us
- Kiac Online Training
Kigali International Arbitration Center (KIAC) 2020 Annual Conference Conference Invitation and Call for Papers Date: Oct 1st-2nd 2020 (2-days) Kigali Convention Center, Radisson Blu Hotel, (...)
The Centre has a panel of domestic and international arbitrators. In order to promote quality and standards, the admission to the panel of domestic arbitrators requires some criteria. Parties to KIAC arbitrations are free to nominate their arbitrators, subject to by the Centre in accordance with the KIAC Rules. Party-nominated arbitrators do not need to be listed on KIAC’s Panels. When KIAC is called upon to appoint an arbitrator, it does so primarily from one of its panels.
Please click here for the list of KIAC Panel of Domestic Arbitrators. List adopted in August 2019.
Application form for Inclusion on KIAC Panel of Domestic Arbitrators.
Please click here for the list of KIAC Panel of International Arbitrators. List adopted in August 2019.
Application form for inclusion on KIAC Panel of International Arbitrators.
Article One:Criteria for the panel of domestic arbitrators
Minimum standards for KIAC panel of domestic arbitrators:
1. Educational degree(s) and/or professional license(s) appropriate to your field of expertise
2. At least five( 5) years post qualification experience;
3. Have undertaken a recognized course of study in the law and practice of arbitration and/or have been at least qualified Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators or any comparable professional arbitration Institute.
4. Experience as an arbitrator in two or more cases
5. Membership in a professional association(s)
6. Aged between 30 and 70 years
Article 2: Criteria for the panel of international arbitrators
Minimum standards for KIAC panel of International arbitrators;
1. Educational degree(s) and/or professional license(s) appropriate to your field of expertise;
2. At least ten (10) years post qualification experience or senior-level business or professional experience;
3. Be fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators or any comparable professional arbitration institute
4. Experience as an arbitrator in five or more cases;
5. membership in a professional association(s)
6. Aged between 30-75 years
Article 3: Admission
Admission to the KIAC Panel of Arbitrators is by invitation from the Chairman of the Board of Directors, advised by the Secretary General.
The KIAC Board of Directors reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to admit or to refuse the admission of any person to the Panel.
In exercising its discretion, KIAC Board of Directors will have regard to the qualifications, experience of an applicant as well as to the number of arbitrators currently on the Panel from the country in which the applicant is resident.
KIAC Board of Directors also reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove any person from the Panel at any time.
Article 4: Annual Membership fee
The annual Membership fee to the KIAC Panel of domestic and international arbitration is Two hundred American dollars (200 US$) payable to KIAC by local cheque or bank transfer to the KIAC account specified by the Secretary General.