Dr. Fidèle MASENGO, PhD, D.Th
Dr. Fidèle Masengo is a Secretary General of Kigali International Arbitration Center (KIAC) and teaches International Economic Law ; International Competition Law at Kigali Independent University (Masters Level). He also teaches International Arbitration Law at the Institute of Legal Practice and Development, a Post graduate Institute that trains judges and other legal practitionners.
He served on the First Board of Directors of KIAC since 2011 to 2007 for six Years. Before joining KIAC, he served as the Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Technical Adviser within USAID Chemonics International LAND Project (2012 to 2015). Dr. Fidèle Masengo worked as the Director of Public Prosecution services (1999 to 2001) and Director of the Administration of Justice (2001 to 2004) with the Rwanda Ministry of Justice.
He holds a Master Degree in Economic law from the University of Louvain in Belgium in 2003, a PhD in Law from the University of Antwerp, a Doctorate in Theology from Life Pacific University of Canada. He is registered as an Advocate in Rwanda since 2006.
He has written articles, books, led Master thesis in law including arbitration law. He has attended many arbitration Conferences as key speaker. He has many certificates in arbitration.
Communication and Marketing Specialist
Annette Tamara MBABAZI
Annette Tamara MBABAZI is passionate about communication with over 9years experience. She is a challenge loving, growth oriented and committed professional aspiring to be one of the finest communication professionals. She holds a first class degree from the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Rwanda.
Her passion for communication developed during her tenure as the Public Relations Officer at the Rwanda Tourism Office (ORTPN) in 2007 where she devoted herself towards intensive Public Relations and Communication activities that significantly contributed to the growth of Rwanda as an ideal tourism destination. She later joined the Rwanda health communication Center (May 2011) where she provided technical guidance on development of strategic health communication approaches and messages for all health campaigns.
She is currently the Communication and Marketing Specialist for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Project at Kigali International Arbitration Centre (KIAC) that is funded by the Investment Climate Facility for Africa (ICF). She oversees the KIAC corporate communication, strategic marketing and Public Relations and brand management. She brings on board a wealth of knowledge and experience that will help promote Rwanda as an ideal venue for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
She is a founding member of Public Relations Association of Rwanda( PRAR) and Rwanda Health Promotion Technical Working Group. She is widely traveled and knowledgeable about communication in the region and beyond. She has successfully completed trainings in PR Masterclass (Johannesburg), Leadership in Strategic Health communication (Nigeria), Tourism Development and marketing in African Countries (China).
GITARE Annick joined Kigali International Arbitration Centre (KIAC) in 2013 as the Accountant. She is in charge of all financial activities for KIAC and Alternative Dispute Resolution Project;a project funded by the Investment Climate Facility for Africa.
During her professional experiences in finance and audit , she participated in different audit assignments of financial institutions; commercial companies, bilateral and multilateral donor funded projects notably; European Union (U E) ,Belgium Technical Cooperation (BTC) ,Autrician Development Agency (ADA) and The U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Her blooming career in the financial field started during 2007 as an auditor with Deloitte & Touche Rwanda. Thereafter, from 2009 till 2011, she worked as the Confirm assistant auditor at KBW; a Consulting and Auditing firm with focus on auditing projects funded by the European Union and the Belgium Technical Cooperation.
She later joined PPM a Consulting and Auditing firm Senior Auditor from 2011 till 2013; undrtaking various audit and accounting assignments as well as Certification assignments for various Commercial companies, and projects supported by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and The U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Annick holds a bachelor’s degree in Management from Kigali Independent University. She also underwent a life changing training in leadership from the Institute for National Transformation.
- Information Technology Specialist
For all your site and course support inquiries; our IT Specialist will be happy to help. Please call +250788316099 and/or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
successful completion of this course you are qualified as a starting
arbitrator in domestic cases in Rwanda and the East African Region
- Please register with KIAC on the course you need to take by contacting KIAC on +250788316099 and by email: email@example.com; you will be given the requirements to access a specific course.
- Once registered you will be provided with a username and password. Please login here with credentials sent to you.
- Once logged in you may choose which course to undertake on your left in "My courses" ( your username is associated with the course you can take by the admin/teacher).
Every course has its instructions and objectives, please read them carefully for a successfully course completion.
Please preferably send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +250788316099 should you need support on your course.
- You will need to register with KIAC and request for a username and password to access the course of your choice. Please do so by sending an email to: email@example.com or call: +250788316099
- You will be given requirements to access the course of your choice; including the cost.
- Please pay your course tuition using account below:
Beneficiary account: 00010-5042751-02-10 (Us Dollars)
Beneficiary account name: Kigali International Arbitration Centre
BENEFICIARY BANK DETAILS
Beneficiary Bank: I & M BANK RWANDA LTD;
KN 3 AV/9;
Beneficiary Swift Code: IMRWRWRW
CORRESPONDENT BANK FOR BENEFICIARY’S BANK
ING BELGIUM (I & M Bank Rwanda LTD Holds accounts for all currencies)
Swift code: BBRUBEBB
CITIBANK New York (I & M Bank Rwanda LTD Holds only USD account)
SWIFT code: CITIUS33
- Once payment has been made; please email your proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KIAC will verify your payment and will send you a username and password you will use to access the course of your choice
- Once you receive your username and password please login here to access your course
The certification procedure of this program consists of the following elements:
- Active participation in the training. Each module consists of several activities, such as reading core materials, answering questions, watching clips and write the answers on a case study.it is obligatory to send your answers on the questions of the case study to your trainer who will mark your performance. Your results in the case study will count for 40% of the total score of your performance.
- Three times a year KIAC organizes a written exam at the KIAC premises. You can subscribe yourself for this exam. Your results in the final exam will count for 60% of the total score of your performance.
- You will pass the total exam if your score is 70% or higher.
- The KIAC secretariat will take care of the administration of the certification results.